Foodie Family

We have been to the Culinary Institute of America for our big adventure, lived at a NY inn, and are now settling back into Oregon where we can love on family!

Saturday, May 06, 2006

Yet another reason Troy is the one in culinary school

Well, yesterday morning, I got the bright idea to make a giant chocolate chip cookie with the kiddos. We were grilling pizzas for dinner and the cookie would be dessert to celebrate Troy finishing his 6 weeks of classroom stuff at school. He finished his last 2 finals yesterday!

Anyway, the cookie...we mixed it up, licked the beaters, all of that good stuff. Then, I put the dough on my round baking stone and thought that it looked a little bigger than the last time I had done this, but I pressed it out and put it in the oven.

Thankfully, I checked on it about 10 minutes later. It was flowing down over the sides of the baking stone into little piles on the the bottom of my previously clean oven! I turned off the oven, let it all cool down, cleaned out the bottom of the oven, trimmed off the edges of the cookie and sent the kids outside to eat it, trimmed off the edge about an inch all the way around, and popped that sucker back in the oven!

It turned out just fine, but it was SUCH a mess! I decided to laugh instead of cry! Maybe it was just all of the chocolate in my bloodstream! Anyway, next time I will be halving the recipe! Sorry I didn't think to take pictures!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home