Updating to say nothing!
I don't have anything to update this week. We are just laying low and staying in - still a little sicky and it's rainy out right now. We did go to Sam's Club this morning to restock milk, fruit, vitamin C, and allergy medicine for the kiddos. Gotta stock the basics - can't risk running out of NyQuil. It is a girl's best friend when you have the slightest sniffle!
I'll share my best mom advice in honor of the upcoming holiday - you know that most important one of the year!:) "This too shall pass." Just kidding - had to put that in there for you, Mom! I told my mom one time that I didn't want to hear that anymore because it doesn't feel like it will pass when you are living in the midst of it!
Anyway, my best advice DID come from my mom. When Ian was a baby, she wrote this on a little blue 3x5 card that I still have in my bible. I thought one time that I had lost it, and I turned my house upside down to find it. Funny the things that become special to us. It is a little ragged looking because I have referred to it so often, and I use it to help me underline verses as I'm reading. But, I digress! The card reads as follows:
More than in any other human relationship, overwhelmingly more, motherhood means being instantly interruptible, responsive, responsible. - Tillie Olsen"...being strengthened with all power according to his glorious might so that you may have great endurance and patience." - Colossians 1:11

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home