Tragedy strikes...
NEMOYesterday was our first brush with the death of a pet. Nemo, Ian's beta fish that was 2 1/2 years old and our first ever pet, went to the great septic tank in the back yard! He was a tough little guy because he made the whole trip from Oregon to New York with us. The picture is from one of the places we stayed along the way.
Ian came to me yesterday saying, "Mom, I think Nemo is dead. He is laying on top of the water with his eyes closed, and his skin is all white." Well, I was pretty sure that he was right, but I couldn't take care of it until I got out of the shower! All the craziest things seem to happen as soon as you get in the shower.
Well, he was indeed, dead. Ian had a good cry which made me really sad and we prayed and told Jesus all about it, but Chloe kept saying, "We will just flush him down the toilet and get you a new one. Don't worry!". That only made it worse - of course! Anyway, I took the whole tank out of his room and left it on the table for daddy to take care of when he got home. GROSS! Anyway, we will be off to get another fish later this week. I will post pictures of the new fish when he arrives home!

6 Comments:
Feeling better thanks to Vicodan. I'm off to bed - hopefully sleeping more than 2 hours at a time tonight. I'll call you tomorrow.
Ohhh, poor Ian! Poor Nemo, too! I will tell Sadie in the AM, I am sure she, too, will mourn the loss. :( Are you popping pills again?
Just a trip to the ER for what we thought was my gallbladder, but after many tests, no conclusion. So, drugs for pain!
Sorry for the loss of your fish! Do let us see the picture of the new one when you get it :-)
Becky, I'd read on the DPL boards that you went to the ER and couldn't find anywhere why you had to go. Sorry you were in pain!! Hope you feel better soon :-)
RubyT
(who feels silly posting with a pic of Fantome next to my name but I can't figure how to do it otherwise!)
Hi Ruby-
Ian should get a new fish Friday morning so I'll put up new pictures, and don't worry about Fantome's pic - I love it!
Come to think of it, I think my nose is a little runny! I'm sure that NyQuil would mix well with Vicodin! If nothing else, I would sleep well! J/K Back is a little better today and I go back to the chiro on Wednesday morning.
Post a Comment
<< Home