Family is a God (and good) thing!
I LOVE my family. They are a big blessing to me.
I picked up my kids this week after they spent 4 days at my sister's house. I was able to go up and visit with Troy, look around our new town and find a new home...all with no worry about the kids b/c they were having SO much fun with Ra and Ariel...bowling, Costco, shopping, arcade, Lucky Charms, coffee shop for everyone to work on school stuff for a little while, playing with her dog, more bowling...you get the idea...they had a GREAT time.
My brother and his wife and their girls came over for a night this weekend. They got a hotel b/c my house is in the midst of packing, and although we were able to hang out here some, it was SO nice to go there and swim and let the kiddos (cousins) be together. We enjoyed meals and Nate carried MANY boxes down to the garage for us so that they will be ready to load this weekend...and he is driving back over to help with that. He also went to the dump with me...a job that I was just dreading, but he offered to go with me so that it wouldn't be here for Troy to do when he gets home.
Just today, I got home from visiting my parents. We drove over in time to go to church with them yesterday morning and then went to the Chuckwagon Cookoff that benefited the Women's Ministry Team for their church. It was SO much fun to visit with different people that we got to know last winter when we were with them for awhile. We just enjoyed hanging out with them for the evening, baked cookies with the kiddos, my dad and mom sung LOTS of old songs to them...fun for me to enjoy that too b/c it was so full of childhood memories....and then I had a GREAT night of sleep at their house. I really needed that. Today, my dad made coffee for me while I was in bed reading my bible...everyone else was still sleeping...it was just a really GREAT time.
I know that I am blessed with my family, and I just wanted to write this out...as a reminder to myself. I've enjoyed LOTS of love and laughs with them!
Labels: family

2 Comments:
Well, I guess you're happy - you made me cry - ha! Family joke! It was fun having you, Ian and Chloe here. They are growing up so quickly. Praying for a good week for all!
Love you bunches.
Where are you moving now??
Post a Comment
<< Home