Foodie Family

We have been to the Culinary Institute of America for our big adventure, lived at a NY inn, and are now settling back into Oregon where we can love on family!

Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Field Trip




Kids and I were up early today, got school stuff done, did a few chores to get ready for Yakky's visit tomorrow, and then HIT THE ROAD. We had to swing by the deli, pick up the Safeway card from Troy b/c he keeps taking off with it and they had 25 cent donuts, after all! We needed a sugar high to hit our field trip stride. I did brew coffee at home and we packed a picnic lunch so it was basically a free day.

We took off to Multnomah Falls and then, on a whim, stopped at the Bonneville Dam Fish Hatchery.

We were all sugared up from our 75 cents worth of maple logs so we hiked to the bridge at the falls and a little further before stopping for lunch. Then we stopped to enjoy our lunch in the sunshine. I know that this will cast a bad weather spell, but it has been BEAUTIFUL since we arrived in Oregon. We couldn't ask for better weather.

Lunch was summer sausage, Tillamook cheddar, whole grain crackers, leftover macaroni salad, carrot slices, and oatmeal choclate chip cookie bars. Not a shabby picnic...and MUCH better than the snack bar stuff that we saw.

Then with all that sustenance, we took off for the bridge again. Yes, our legs are a little sore, but it felt SO good to be out.

Then, heading home, I just pulled off at the Bonneville Dam exit out of curiosity...what a GREAT place. We will definitely be going back there...good picnic areas too.

Unfortunately, Troy was MIA today because he was working, but we had fun and will be ready to take him with us next time!

4 Comments:

Blogger Miss Aimee said...

Oh how fun!!! We always stop at the falls when we travel thru that area. Never been to the hatchery. Maybe someday. Take care and hello to the family.

8:15 PM  
Blogger Connie said...

Sounds and looks like a wonderful day!!

3:22 PM  
Blogger Elissa said...

So fun! Wow, it is so weird to see pics of you guys in OR once again. I can't wait to see you guys! Oh, and thanks for blogging, I missed being able to check in on you! ;)

11:39 PM  
Blogger Enriched-Mom said...

Oh Becky..be still my heart. Your pictures bring back fond memories. Bonneville Dam or the Falls were perfect stopping places for us on our long trips to/from Montana.

I'm glad you had a wonderful day..and visit with Yakky the next.

9:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home