I love reading, and I love that my kids are learning

to love reading. We have little stacks of books all over our tiny little house. I would love to be able to blame it on homeschooling, but in all honesty, very few of the books are a direct product of homeschooling. It's hard to constantly remind my kids to clean up their books when I have them everywhere...
next to the computer
on the floor next to the couch
on 3 different bookshelves
in a basket next to the TV cabinet
on the floor next to the bookshelf
on top of the bookshelf
on the kitchen counter
in a basket by the door
next to my bed
I think that they multiply when I'm not looking, and I've even sold a lot this month on half.com.
My current reading list -
~Consider This, Senora by Harriett Doer
~Acedia and Me by Kathleen Norris
~Artisan Bread In 5 Minutes A Day by Jeff Hertzberg and Zoe Francois
Reading out loud with the kids -
~Mary Poppins by P.L. Travers
~Leif the Lucky by Ingri & Edgar Parin D'Aulaire
~Mrs. Piggle Wiggle by by Betty MacDonald
Ian is reading -
~The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn by Mark Twain (Classic Starts series)
~He just finished Phantom of the Opera in the same series and loved it. I think it helped that we had seen it on Broadway last year!
Chloe is reading -
~Every Dr. Seuss book that we own...multiple times...sometimes multiple times a day!
So, the question of the day is...what are YOU reading?
Labels: books

9 Comments:
I'm not really a book reader but read every magazine I can get my hands on. Glad to hear the kids love to read. It's a struggle to keep Collin reading. Sports are a big deal to him, so if he can get out of reading to do sports he will.Glad you are back blogging. I'll keep checking in on you guys. Hello to all.
speaking of... do you have a copy of Lisa Samson's last book? if so - may I borrow it?
Courtney,
Oddly enough, Lisa Samson is my FAVORITE Christian author, and I do not own a single one of her books.
Sorry that I'm not much help. Check your library though!
Just finished French Women Don't Get Fat and re-reading Murder on the Orient Express. Reading Love that Lasts by Jill Briscoe and Animal, Vegetable, Miracle. Have Acedia and Me requested from the library!
I forgot about Animal, Vegetable, Miracle...reading that one too.
I think that Troy took it b/c he was looking at some of the recipes in it.
Right now I have been reading "She's Gonna Blow" by Julie Barnhill. I really needed it!
You would be proud, Becky! I read all the time now! I am currently obsessed with the Yada Yada Prayer Group series and am waiting for #5 from the library! Thanks to you! :)
That is a lot of reading. I wish I could get Chloe to like to read. (it would probably be easier if I like reading to her-- *blush* *blush*)
Thanks for sharing your blog. I am learning a ton!
It's great that your kids are reading such quality books too. I can't wait to read to my kids someday. Ray and I already read together often. Right now we're reading a book that his grandfather wrote about his childhood. I think when we get more kids we will read every night together. We're hoping for elementary age foster kids, so we'll see:)- Clare
Post a Comment
<< Home