Foodie Family

We have been to the Culinary Institute of America for our big adventure, lived at a NY inn, and are now settling back into Oregon where we can love on family!

Saturday, July 05, 2008

It's my birthday week....

technically, my birthDAY is over, but it is still my birthday week!:)

I had the great pleasure of meeting Courtney and her family yesterday when I made a run to the airport north of us. I am hoping that we have other fun times together while we live in New York. The kids had so much fun swimming with her kids, and are already talking about when we can see them again.

I listened to my 2 nieces sing Happy Birthday, even if Cora did want to sing to Aunt Ra! :)

I got cards from both of my kiddos and a little gift from Chloe. Ian's card was one of those "keeper" kind. The message was:

Dear mom

I can't believe you are turning 34. You are old but you are a cool mom and I mean it. I hope you have a good day. And you make good roles. And think you for helping me with math. You rule. Love, Ian


I talked to my grandparents in Texas, my mom (twice), my dad, my sister, my sister in law and nieces, my brother, and I had a message from Troy's mom when I got home....just one of the perks of birthdays.

The kids and I saw a few fireworks out their bedroom window last night, and then fell asleep on the couch watching the Macy's New York fireworks on TV.

And yes, as my mom said....Next year in Portland...if I would have blown out candles, that would have definitely been my wish!

Labels:

9 Comments:

Blogger Brooke said...

I love Ian's card, that is so sweet!

4:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are not old but you are cool - Ian's card was so sweet and a sure 'keeper'. I do beleave Math is his strong soot, don't you? Lots of love . . . Happy Birthday Week!

5:42 PM  
Blogger Becky said...

I do beleave! :)

You can blame it on his teacher...she must be really bad! :)

6:03 PM  
Blogger Connie said...

Sounds like a great birthday. Ian's card is so sweet! Happy Birthday week.

12:56 PM  
Blogger Andrea said...

Happy Birthday! It sounds like you had a great day - Ian's card is very sweet :)

3:10 PM  
Blogger Courtney @ splashing grace said...

Happy birthWeek Becky! so glad we got to meet you :) And aren't you glad I wasn't some strange internet stalker lady? oh - or even some dude?

love Ian's card too

5:50 PM  
Blogger Enriched-Mom said...

Happy Birthday Week! And can I say I am super duper jealous that you and Courtney met? Glad you had fun together. What a neat treat!

2:34 PM  
Blogger Elissa said...

Happy Belated Birthday! I love how you celebrate your birthday week! Tony laughs at me when I want to celebrate our half birthdays! ;) Ian's card was neat, what a great kid.

4:34 PM  
Blogger n8mac said...

Happy birthday MONTH Beck!!!
You do rock. I'm still jealous that you get fireworks for your birthday and I don't. :(

LOVE you

2:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home