Time away!
I've been spending less time on the computer and more time outside...usually outside and at the pool in the afternoon. That means more time to read! YAY!
I have recently finished the entire Mitford series by Jan Karon
Comfort Food by Kate Jacobs (also the author of the Friday Night Knitting Club which I recommend)
A trilogy of books about Amish women by Wanda Brunstetter
As always, I am constantly reading about homeschooling...usually from The Well Trained Mind as I finish up our plans for next year and make lists of what I need to purchase...always exciting, but also expensive.
I am also reading Nourishing Traditions by Sally Fallon (sent to me by an internet friend!)
Today, I have several books that should arrive at the library...
Embrace Me by Lisa Sampson (my favorite Christian author by far)
Plain and Simple: A Woman's Journey To The Amish by Sue Bender
So, what are you reading?
Labels: books

7 Comments:
I'm reading books about the Amish too.... I am in the middle of the series Abram's daughters by Beverly Lewis. Need to get to the library to get more...
I'm going to start Fabulous 14 by Janet Evanovich tonight. That should take me a day.
My Lisa Sampson book didn't come in today. I will have to read one of the two Tea Shop Mysteries by Laura Childs that did arrive.
Nothing too deep lately!
I have taken a long hiatus from reading, not sure why. I think having 3 kids and a busy life makes it hard for me. But anyways, Summit View is doing a women's summer book club, and I am leading the Hillsboro club! (Are you shocked, Becky?) We are reading The Shack by William P. Young. I am halfway through and it is horrifying and wonderful all at once. I am going to go read some more right now! Any suggestions for our next book club read would be great!
no way! I LOVE Lisa Sampson!! And her first few books were all set in the area of MD where we lived - so cool :)
just read a few by Ann B Ross, just fun - kind of like a cross btwn Fannie Flag & Jan Karon.
shall we get together soon?
I love Lisa Sampson! This book is crazy so far. Gotta love a mind that can come up with things like this. I'm also reading the new Dick Francis book that he wrote with his son (the title slips my mind at the moment). I'm on the waiting list for Comfort Food and Friday Night Knitting Club. Hmmm...I wonder who influences my reading list...
Love you ;o)
thank you for sharing some titles and authors. I have been in a reading rut. Off to check my library online...
I'm reading two books by Milton Friedman:
"Milton Friedman on Economics"
"Free to Choose"
I've been interested to learn more about economics and market forces as they relate to our political system. "Free to Choose" should be required reading for every American, I wish I would have read this sooner.
I'm also reading Ezekiel... WOW! God is amazing.
Post a Comment
<< Home