Our little house and a ramble about books


For those of you that haven't had the good fortune to visit us yet (and you are all welcome), this is our little house where most of the fun occurs! Of course, if you do visit, you won't have to stay in our miniscule space!:)
Not too long ago, we moved all of our homeschool stuff to a different building and made a "homeschool room", but we have brought it all back home. Part of the beauty of homeschooling, I have now learned, is that it is at HOME. We read on the couch or on my bed or on the porch or in the kid's room. We need our MANY, MANY, MANY books right here!
One thing that I have passed onto the kids is a love for all things book! We have 3 bookshelves in our living room/kitchen area, and the kids each have big bookshelves in their room. In our small space, MUCH of the room is taken up by books! It is safe to say that we know the librarian very well. I get at least 3 calls a week from her, letting me know that I have materials ready for pickup! I'm still not sure why they call when I am there all the time anyway. Must just be a small town courtesy!
That's all I have to say for now...off to drink coffee and watch a cartoon with Chloe!

4 Comments:
As Solomon said, "Of the making of books, there is no end" and aren't we GLAD? Their smell, their feel, the print, the pictures, everything about them!!! Yes, you inherited that gene. And so did Ian and Chloe - yah!!! Love y'all oodles.
I loved this post Becky, it had such a homey feel to it. I also have the "book gene". :)
Well, your house isn't exactly across the street from me...sigh... but it does look pretty cute and cozy. :P
Your place looks so great, Beck! Seriously, I love the fireplace and the cozy look of the place. Home is so much more than just a house, isn't it? :D
Post a Comment
<< Home