Comfort Food
You know, those foods that remind you of childhood or just hit the spot on a bad day.
Monday, we had grilled cheese sandwiches and tomato soup for supper...made with Kraft sliced American cheese and Campbell's tomato soup. Yes, I know...not the best for you, but for some reason, it just hit the spot.
Some of my favorite comfort foods ~
~meatloaf, mashed potatoes, and green beans
~fried chicken, mashed potatoes, green beans, and corn
~pinto beans, cornbread, fried potatoes, pickled beets and squash relish
~biscuits and sausage gravy
~BBQ bologna sandwich and Lays potato chips
Wow...most of my favorites include potatoes...big surprise!
What are some of your comfort foods?
Labels: food

9 Comments:
Mmmm ... comfort foods ...
Mine are: Velveeta mac-n-cheese, Meatloaf and mashed taters, Potato soup. Feel good foods.
My favorites are your favorites...strange... :0)
Love you and miss you so much. Wish we could have BBQ bologna and Lays chips together tonight.
I was going to say.... hmm.. Potatoes!
One of my favorite comfort foods is toast, with cinnamon and sugar, cut into four pieces, triangles to be exact.
You're not going to believe the coincidences... I'm a homeschooling mom named Rebecca, newspaper food writer of column "Foodie With Family" and fellow lover of comfort food. My favorites?
Lumpia (Filippino egg rolls)
French Fries
Grilled Hamburgers
...and, eherm, Tuna Noodle Casserole WITH peas!!
God Bless,
Rebecca
Well, looks like you're a Southern girl, huh? Not a fresh veggie or fruit on the list or even a salad!!! I won't get a star on my calendar today as 'good mama' but it's great to see you're comforted!!!
Oh mom,
I don't care if the green beans are fresh...actually prefer them that way with a big blob of bacon grease! :)
mine..
chicken potpie
pumpkin soup
meatloaf w/mashed potatoes
baked chicken w/mashed potatoes
apple pie
well. Grilled cheese and tomato soup on my list too. funny thing. I don't like tomato soup but I do with my Kraft Grilled Cheese sandwich just for dipping.
Chicken pot pie is my other comfort food.
Add any homemade soup to the list.
Fun post!
black-eyed peas,
fried okra,
hamburgers (Munchie Burgers!!!),
chocolate malts,
hashbrowns with gravy...
Post a Comment
<< Home