Foodie Family

We have been to the Culinary Institute of America for our big adventure, lived at a NY inn, and are now settling back into Oregon where we can love on family!

Sunday, February 17, 2008

In an effort to eat less meat...

mainly pork, because it affects my inflammation from arthritis, I bought some Trader Joe's Breakfast Patties (veggie patties with the flavor of sausage...seasoned with savory spices...according to the front of the box).

UM...here is my professional review. Don't bother! I tried them on a fake sausage biscuit with strawberry spreadable fruit...YUCK. I tried them on a whole grain english muffin with egg...YUCK.

Because I can't stand to waste the rest of them, I may chop them us and use them in a scramble tonight with lots of onions, mushrooms, and saved BACON GREASE!

After all, you can take a girl out of the south, but you can't take the south out of the girl!

Labels:

5 Comments:

Blogger n8mac said...

Beck,
One must take a principled stand on non-meat patties of any kind (ala vegie-burgers, tofu meatloaf, mushroom sausages). The point is not that they don't taste good, the point is that it's just wrong!!! :}

5:07 PM  
Blogger n8mac said...

Beck,
Here's another reason to eat more vegetables... It's not only good for your health, it's good for your skin too! Try copying and pasting this link: www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/news/news.html?in_article_id=515351&in_page_id=1770

5:19 PM  
Blogger Becky said...

Ai yi yi! That link makes me want to avoid veggies! :)

Well, we made a scramble for dinner...no fake sausage or bacon grease, but it was good...mushrooms, onions, and smoked gouda cheese.

5:34 AM  
Blogger Courtney @ splashing grace said...

we have never ventured into that arena - and now I think we'll skip it all together! How about a bbq in May or June? - with real meat!

1:16 AM  
Blogger Enriched-Mom said...

Thanks for the product review.. not sure we would have ventured there but thank you for the warning.

12:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home