Trip Planner
I absolutely LOVE planning a trip (it is an inherited passion - got it from my father!). In the last week or so, I have started countless lists....some for me, some for Troy, and some for the kiddos. I have begun packing boxes of stuff in our house here. I have an ENORMOUS pile of stuff in my laundry room for a garage sale next weekend.
I am planning my escape from New York and plotting my course for a 2,700 mile trip - maybe further if we venture down to the Dallas area to visit some family! Mapquest is my friend...my Rand McNally atlas is my friend....City Search is my friend and I am one planning little fool. I am looking for hotels like a crazy person...comparing prices and pools, searching out local favorites for places to eat (the most important part of a road trip you know!), and just generally looking forward to seeing lots of family and friends.
If all goes according to plan and God allows it, the kids and I will leave in a little over a month and begin our journey to Arizona with many, many stops along the way. We will head to Tennessee to visit my Grandma (my mom's mom) for a few days, and that is exciting because she has never met either of my children. The last time I saw her, I was about 5 months pregnant with Ian.
Then I will get to see my best friend from high school and meet her two kiddos. She and her kids are going to meet us at one of our stops along the way and spend the night at a hotel with us. That way, it is a getaway for everyone, and she won't have to entertain us. I want to just sit and visit with her and soak up our time together. It has been at least 9 or 10 years since we have seen each other, but we do have some great phone conversations. However, it is kind of hard to hug a phone.
Then, on to Texas to see Pa and Nanny - always a special trip for us. If it works out, we may take a little side trip down to the Dallas area and visit some more family. Then on to our final destination - Poppy and Nana's house in Arizona.
How long will this trip take? No idea.....we are just taking it as it comes. I have a map of the United States printed out for the kids so that we can keep track of the states that we visit, and we are going to make lapbooks (kind of a journal) recording our journey and the people and places we visit. We also have a big puzzle of the United States that keeps us entertained and learning.
Anyway, gearing up for the big trip....can't wait!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home