Foodie Family

We have been to the Culinary Institute of America for our big adventure, lived at a NY inn, and are now settling back into Oregon where we can love on family!

Monday, August 07, 2006

Well, today is all about Chloe



She has had so many BIG happenings in her little 4 year old life lately.

First, she lost a tooth - a BIG deal at our house. I was at the computer downstairs, and she came running over to show me that her tooth was gone! She didn't know where it was so that started a hunt! We found it on the rug where she and Ian had been playing. She said, "Oh yeah, I felt something in my mouth, but I didn't know what it was so I just threw it on the rug!" HUH? The good news is we found it.

That started a "What do you think the tooth fairy will bring me?" evening! I find it extremely funny that both of my kiddos really believe in the tooth fairy because they don't believe in Santa, The Easter Bunny, Mickey Mouse, etc AT ALL, but they are both extremely convinced that the tooth fairy is real! At our house, she brings a little gift instead of money, and to quote both of the kids, "How do you think she knows what we really want?". How indeed?

Well, thanks to Daddy shopping at work that evening, Chloe woke up to a sparkly lip gloss which she quickly informed me was "adult" lip gloss. This is our tooth fairy discussion that morning.

C: How do you think the tooth fairy got in the house?
C: I think she used her little stick...
Me: Her wand?
C: Yes, her wand and just opened the door and came upstairs to my room.
C: Then she took my tooth out of my tooth box. I wonder how she picked it up because it had blood on it and you wouldn't want to touch blood.
Me: She probably has a special way to get it.
C: Yeah, well, I wonder how she knew I was big enough for adult lip gloss. Maybe she could see me in my bed and saw how long I was.
Me: (stifling HUGE laughter and thinking what a funny blog this conversation would make!) Maybe so. I bet she could see what a big girl you are.
C: ON and ON and ON and ON about lip gloss and the tooth fairy!

And the biggest news in her little world and our family's world.....while I was gone to Portland, Chloe ASKED JESUS TO COME INTO HER HEART! I got a call from her while I was waiting to meet my friends for dinner, and I stood crying in the mall while she told me about asking Jesus into her heart. When I shared it with my friend Lindsay (the first to arrive), she cried with me!

Thank you Lord for drawing my little one to Yourself. I pray that you would continue to work in her heart and life until the day that You call her home or You return. Make Yourself very real to her and give her the desire to please You in all that she does. Amen.

Jesus says in Luke 15:10, "I tell you, there is rejoicing in the presence of the angels of God over one sinner who repents."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home