Back From The Land Of Mosquitoes
Yes, we made it back, and we had a GREAT time! We are a little crispy (pink from the sun) and have quite a few mosquito bites (even with spray), but it was so fun.....but, before I share the WONDERFUL time, can I just share my camping rant...
HERE IT COMES....cover your eyes if you don't want to "hear" it!
In a park of many campsites, there was only our tent and one other.....everyone else was in their "recreational vehicle".
We were all up by 7:00 am (me - usually by 5:30 or 6:00 due to the air matress), around our fire, and getting ready for breakfast......usually, I had seen one or two other people by then.
We could walk to everything...pool, playground, river....BUT, you could rent a golf cart for $40 per half day. Ludicrous you say.....aahhhh...but many people were riding around in them.
We were about 100 yards from the bathrooms/showers....people around us DROVE to them.
About 8:00 pm, just as we were getting our fire going and hanging out, everyone disappeared into the before mentioned RVs to WATCH TV!!!!!!! The only good part about this - it was REALLY quiet in the park!
This is my MAJOR rant....can we (as a society) not live without TV for 2 or 3 days? How pathetic....
Remember the time we went camping and watched cartoons....not likely to be heard in our house!
Now, if you know me well at all, you know that camping is not my "thing", but PLEASE...get back to nature, plug in your RV and your Cable TV....GET A LIFE! I really will tell you all about it tomorrow....
tonight I am tired, doing laundry, and ordering a pizza....tomorrow, the pictures and proof that it was fun...
We will definitely be going again soon....this from a self-proclaimed NON-CAMPER with a sore back thanks to an air matress..
I must add that I wore a dress and new sandals to drive home....after all, we have to work our way back to reality!

1 Comments:
Wonderful "Camping rant"!! I agree completely. Can't wait to see the pics.
Smiles,
Connie from H@H
Post a Comment
<< Home