Only 7 more days until
our trip to purgatory...I mean our camping trip....
I am trying really hard to be excited about this because the kiddos are about to pop. We even made them each a chart where they could tear off a numbered tag each day since they were about to drive me LOCO asking, "How many more days until we go camping?" That is another favorite activity of mine - crafts! Don't even get me started on that one!
This is the way I look at it....make lists, grocery shop, pack up everything that you could possibly need for 3 days, get in car and drive, unpack, slap mosquito, set up tent, slap another mosquito, char food over an open fire, slap, slap, slap...
Finally locate the OFF and spray everyone until you can't breathe....5 minutes later...slap, slap, slap....mosquitos - not kids!
I think someone needs to SLAP me so that I will get a good attitude about this. We are making family memories, right? And, it will make me have a thankful heart when I get back home.....ahhhh...A/C and nice warm showers....
Long, long ago (approximately 16 years ago!), I remember another family camping trip.....the infamous Mc Family trip......our only one ever....but that is a story for another day....

2 Comments:
Oh - I'm dreaming of my return to Oregon - no worries about that!
I'm sure that there are lots of things that I really should talk to a professional about, but NyQuil is cheaper.....just kidding Mom! That was just for you!:)
Actually, I will just pass all of my craziness on to the next generation!
Post a Comment
<< Home