Foodie Family

We have been to the Culinary Institute of America for our big adventure, lived at a NY inn, and are now settling back into Oregon where we can love on family!

Thursday, July 13, 2006

Free At Last...Free At Last...

All you mothers of young children know that this title has nothing to do with quoting Martin Luther King Jr., but is instead how I feel when I run away, escape, get out of the house alone for a little while all by my big, grown-up self.

Troy is on summer break at school for the month of July, so I was able to get out alone for awhile this morning while he kept an eye on the kiddos. You would think that I would have big, grand plans that I had dreamed up while laying in the bathtub waiting for Calgon to take me away, but NO....

My morning fun was a trip to Target, and it really was fun.....I just wandered all over the store and spent over an hour buying kleenex, socks for Troy, gum, and a notebook. Could this day get any better I ask you?

YES...then I went to Barnes & Noble - again, all by myself - didn't even step one toe into the kid section which houses a the great germ table...I mean the great train table. There, I spent my final birthday money on my second weakness, 2 magazines....second only to my shoe fetish.

I am SO loving a magazine that I found today - Mary Janes Farm. Because no one knew where to find me, I mosied down to Panera Bread where I had a bacon artichoke souffle and an iced green tea while I perused my newest periodical.....sounds much better than I stuffed my face and read a magazine.

All in all, a wonderful day, and while I am at it....may I just say...

MY HUSBAND IS A KEEPER! I know that many men would not do what he did today - just watching the kids, but when I came home, he had swept and mopped the kitchen, completely straightened and vaccuumed the rug in our living room (removed all kid evidence from the "big people" space at our house!), and washed the dishes in the sink. Can I just publicly say that I LOVE this man, and it has very little to do with his housekeeping skills and much more to do with what a great dad and husband that he is!

2 Comments:

Blogger Becky said...

I didn't delete anything....I don't know what those are!

12:12 PM  
Blogger Connie said...

Absolutely LOVED this post.
SO TRUE!!
Glad you have a great hubby. I do too ;o)

Blessings,
Connie from H@H

2:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home