Foodie Family

We have been to the Culinary Institute of America for our big adventure, lived at a NY inn, and are now settling back into Oregon where we can love on family!

Wednesday, April 05, 2006

peeps

YUCK! May I just say that I absolutely cannot stand most Easter candy. If they made DARK chocolate Easter bunnies - maybe with toasted hazelnuts - I might eat them. BUT, PEEPS....GROSSSSSSSSS! Marshmallows covered in sugar...need I say more!

Okay, well, I do love the little gum balls in the egg cartons. I am planning on filling our Easter eggs with Starburst jelly beans, Sweet-tart jelly beans, and Hubba Bubba gum pieces that are individually wrapped.

I also got the kiddos a pair of summer PJs, a chocolate bunny, and a fun family card game for each of their baskets. They will love it!:)

They don't know it, but this coming Sunday, they get to go to an egg hunt at the Culinary Institute only for children of the students. The fire department, the sheriff's department (doing kid's IDs), and a clown with balloon animals will be there, and a big egg hunt will end the day. We got a personal invitation from the school and an email to confirm the kids names and ages. It should be lots of fun! You can be sure that I will update with pictures! Love to all of you.

Oh..Troy's stepsister, Gen and her husband, Conor, are getting ready to have QUADS in a few weeks. Check out their blog at McNulty Quads. It is really exciting to follow their progress. We wish them well and are praying for them often!

1 Comments:

Blogger Becky said...

Oh, I can so tell that Troy and my kiddos got their candy tastes from you!:) Troy and the kids LOVE Peeps! (and Good & Plenty! - stale of course)

I'll update after the CIA Easter party!

4:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home