Menu Comparison
Troy's Breakfast
poached eggs atop crabcakes with chipotle crawfish veloute
twice baked potato
bacon
coffee and orange juice (fresh-squeezed, no doubt!)
My Breakfast
3 cups STRONG coffee
one slice whole wheat toast with natural peanut butter and honey
Troy's Lunch
crostini with eggplant caviar
shrimp crab and octopus tempura
flounder with caper/dill tartar sauce served with Asian style coleslaw
southwestern rubbed pork loin with chili verde, pan seared chayote, deep fried puff pastry with southwestern corn cakes
warm chocolate torte with raspberry coulis
My Lunch
1 slice of white cheddar and 6 TLC crackers
beef and bean burrito
water with lemon
I ask you, is there something wrong with this picture? BUT....I get the last laugh. I'm cooking dinner tonight because Troy has a writing class from 4:30-6:00. We are having Chicken Divan topped with asiago cheese butter and seasoned bread crumbs served with brown rice, a salad with anything that is in the crisper and asiago black pepper dressing. If I am feeling especially productive this afternoon, I am going to make a pan of brownies with a recipe that I got from my Debt Proof Living discussion boards. If you want the recipe, and my review of it, email me later!

3 Comments:
YEA! I'll set a plate for you!
Good thing that Troy gets free use of the school's rec center - pool, weight room, running track, tennis, and racquetball. The kiddos and I can use it too! Otherwise, we might have to roll him up the aisle for graduation!:)
2 words that just don't go together - FAT TROY!
Becky, I love reading your blog and I especially liked today's comparison of the 2 menus :-)
You are a beautiful family!
Ruby from the DPL boards
Hi Ruby!
Thanks for posting, and I love the picture of Fantome!
Post a Comment
<< Home