Foodie Family

We have been to the Culinary Institute of America for our big adventure, lived at a NY inn, and are now settling back into Oregon where we can love on family!

Saturday, April 08, 2006

BBBRRRRRR!

Our lovely spring weather has gone away, and I think that we are all a little shocked - especially the daffodils that had already bloomed! Hopefully, it will warm up for our egg hunt at the Culinary tomorrow. That is the prediction from the weather people, but you know how reliable forecasts are!:)

Oh well, today finds us holed up inside with movies to watch later and a pot of delicious smelling Swiss Onion soup bubbling on the stove. It is a little different from French Onion because it has milk instead of broth and you put the bread and Gruyere cheese in the soup and let it simmer for an hour, but it smells great!

We took an exciting outing to Dunkin Donuts this morning because we had a "buy a 1/2 dozen, get a 1/2 dozen free" coupon, and the donuts were okay. Needless to say, they will never replace my first love of cherry glazed donuts from The Donut Stop in Amarillo, Texas.

That's all my deep thoughts for the day, but I will put some pictures on tomorrow after our party at the school.

2 Comments:

Blogger Andrea said...

Becky - do you have the recipe for this soup? I would love to make it...it sounds marvelous...Andrea

1:46 PM  
Blogger Becky said...

I'll send you the recipe. I've had several people ask for it, and it was wonderful!:)

9:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home