Foodie Family

We have been to the Culinary Institute of America for our big adventure, lived at a NY inn, and are now settling back into Oregon where we can love on family!

Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Some things ARE better in Texas

I forgot to tell you about our favorite places to eat in Texas (except Nanny's house - of course).

I do have to say that when we arrived at the front door at Pa and Nanny's house, we were greeted with a BIG dinner of beef roast, pork roast, mashed potatoes, homemade mac & cheese, black-eyed peas, corn, fresh green beans w/ potatoes, and rolls. How could we ever get hungry after that? Well, we also visited a few of our favorite restaurants.

First, for GREAT BBQ, we went to Cattle Call. If you ever make it to Amarillo, you have to eat here. I think that they have the best onion rings that I have ever eaten. Oh - the BBQ is great too! The day before we left, we ate Mexican food at Abuelos. It was all great, but I especially love the papas (potatoes)!

One thing you will find in Texas is GREAT food.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home