Foodie Family

We have been to the Culinary Institute of America for our big adventure, lived at a NY inn, and are now settling back into Oregon where we can love on family!

Monday, October 29, 2007

I promise that an update...

along with pictures will soon forthcoming.

For now, please know that we are trying to settle into our new home and Troy into his new job.

For those who don't know, Troy became an EXECUTIVE CHEF this week of a great inn for which he has been working while attending school. He was only 6 weeks from graduation, but will be finishing those 6 weeks in January and February during a quiet time here at the inn. So far, he has written 4 menues for the past week, cooked quite a few meals to RAVE reviews, and helped in the moving!

I think I could get used to inn living very quickly! We are in a tiny apartment (740 sq ft or so) for a few months (until spring), but I look out my kitchen window (and off our BIG deck) to a beautiful stream with 2 ducks that have become pets here at the inn. Out of the living room windows, we have a different view of the stream complete with a view of a stone bridge that you cross to reach the main lodge at the inn. It is just beautiful at this time of year! I am kind of partial to small spaces, so I am looking forward to getting this one all settled in the next day or so.

Pictures soon, I promise.

3 Comments:

Blogger Connie said...

Big congratulations to Troy! What an amazing opportunity.

Looking forward to those pictures.

1:34 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Congratulations, Troy! Becky, you are a trooper -- I know you will have that place looking cute and homey in no time! Love you guys!

6:49 PM  
Blogger Andrea said...

Wow! Congratulations Troy - wish we could take a jaunt and stay at your inn...

1:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home