ACK! Poison Ivy!
Well, we have our first case of poison ivy. Thankfully, it is TINY and not very bad. Apparently, this is a very bad year for poison ivy in New York. Until we lived here, I didn't even know what poison ivy looked like. Of course, I knew the little poem, "Leaves of three, let them be.", but I wouldn't have known which leaves of three until it was too late. Last week, our newspaper had a BIG article about it, and I was sure that is what was growing right behind our house. Turns out I was right, and it is in the same place that we walk through to get to our car or out to ride bikes and play.
We (being Troy) brought it to our landlord's attention, and he promptly removed most of it. (Just a sidenote, we have a GREAT landlord....truly a blessing in the renting arena!) But it wasn't removed before Chloe walked through it and got several spots on her feet and ankles.
Oh well....such is life with children.....at least she didn't roll around in it like some people we know!:)
Labels: poison ivy

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home