Foodie Family

We have been to the Culinary Institute of America for our big adventure, lived at a NY inn, and are now settling back into Oregon where we can love on family!

Saturday, June 09, 2007

A new post to let you know that I have nothing new

to post!:)

Life is busy...moving into summer where we are looking forward to July and some camping...the coast of Maine for a few days and then a trip to Niagara Falls. Troy is out of school for most of the month of July. He is going to help with Vacation Bible School at church (God bless him....I will observe from afar). He will also work quite a bit during this summer break, I will continue to work the mornings, and we will take a few 2 to 3 day trips.

Ian is wrapping up his Little League season next week. It went by very quickly, but then again it was only 7 weeks of games. Chloe has been playing T-ball...actually, practicing T-ball....they have never played a game. I don't know what that is all about. All I know is that we paid A LOT of money for a very short season.

Ian is quite the 3rd baseman, has really hit well this season, and has made some new friends. Chloe likes to play tag and rock/paper/scissors at her practice. LOL:) The poor coach who has 7 little girls.....gets super funny sometimes! Actually, she is really starting to hit well too, and unlike some T-ballers, she does know how to run the bases!

We are wrapping up our homeschooling for this year, but I cannot keep them out of next years' new books! This is a very good thing. They are both working like crazy through their new math books....for fun, I might add! Ian just finished reading his first chapter book, The Sword In The Tree...14 chapters about a young boy who travels to Camelot to talk to King Arthur and the Knights of the Round Table. He has read it out loud to me, and we have both enjoyed it immensely. Chloe is working her way through phonics books is doing really well.

They are both growing beans and keeping a very cool science notebook thanks to Troy. They have journaled from roots and shoots to blooms and are finally seeing little beans. It is VERY cool!

We are heading into NYC for a day in July to visit the Statue of Liberty. We have been studying about it in American history and are memorizing the poem,The New Colossus, by Emma Lazarus.

They are little sponges....soaking all kinds of info and getting to know the library very well. I have thoroughly enjoyed our past few months of homeschooling, and it is exciting to have Troy so involved in it since I am working part time. It has become a whole family endeavor!

Well, for nothing to tell you all, I have posted quite a little ramble. God's blessings to each of you.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger GrammaGrits said...

Thanks for the update! I resigned up so hope this message takes!!! The trips this summer sound like great memories. Love y'all lots!

9:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home