3,000 miles later...
We are back in NY! Now the fun part begins as we search for affordable housing.
We got in Sunday evening, checked into a hotel, started laundry, took the kiddos swimming and ordered a pizza. Yesterday was spent taking care of a few last minute things at school, driving around looking at a few places to rent, and making a run to the grocery store. We finally called it quits about 3:00 because we were all worn out. We came back to the hotel, ate some lunch, watched a little TV, went swimming, snacked and watched a movie before all going to bed about 8:00. We needed that down time.
It is almost 8:00 this morning and the kiddos are still sleeping! I've already been downstairs for coffee and caught up on a lot of blog reading and Hearts At Home. I love the quiet morning hours....I bet my mom never thought she would hear me say that. Well, I am still not really a morning person, so I should say, I like the quiet morning hours when I am ALONE w/ my bible, book, computer and a BIG cup of coffee!
Today, the house hunt begins in earnest. We have only talked to one lady about a place that looked great and was close to the library and grocery store and coffee place, but she didn't want kids in her place AT ALL! She was quite the welcome wagon to NY! I told Troy that if she was that rude about it on the phone, she probably isn't someone that we would want to deal with in a landlord relationship!
Please pray for God's provision for our family in the coming days.

2 Comments:
Glad to hear you made it home safely! Good luck on the house hunting, always a fun proces.....
Praising God that you made the trip safe and sound! You are in my prayers for your pursuit of housing now.
Check out my updated blog too. :)
Post a Comment
<< Home