Oh, I am a bad mom....

and I risk getting caught as the tooth fairy now that Ian is reading so well. Chloe lost another front tooth at dinner last night....that is 6 of them gone now! She put her tooth in her little box for the tooth fairy and went to bed. I sat down on the couch and went to sleep! Thus, NO tooth fairy! She woke me up this morning (early, I might add) with a sad little voice saying, "Mom, is it morning because the tooth fairy didn't come?" uh-oh.....
So I told her that maybe the tooth fairy was extra busy last night. I bet lots of little kids lost their teeth and she is still working.....you know, mindless babble trying to make it okay. She said, "Yeah, she is probably still in China putting out treats for kids there." Yeah...so we wrote another note to the tooth fairy saying please don't forget me tonight.
Fast forward to this afternoon...while she and Troy and Ian were outside, I quickly slipped in and put out her little treats...a headband and new barettes in case you were wondering! Then, she finally found it. OH MY GRACIOUS....excitement! "How did the tooth fairy know that I have been wanting one of these my whole life?" You have to love that kind of enthusiasm or drama!:)
Then we started the HUGE discussion of how did she get in here without any of us seeing her.
Santa is fake, Mickey Mouse isn't real, the Easter bunny is just a joke, but around our house....YOU BETTER NOT MESS WITH THE TOOTH FAIRY! I have no idea why they are so serious about her, but it is funny!
Labels: bad mom, tooth fairy

5 Comments:
Oh, the joy of children! I can just see her excitement. Precious memories! Lots of love to all!
Way to go Chloe........keep that fairy on her toes!!!
Love to all
how cute is Chloe without two front teeth? rule on tooth fairy!
I have been the "Bad Mom" a.k.a. Toothfairy before too. I am glad the fairy made it to your house!
Chloe looks adorable missing her two front teeth!
Ha! Been there, done that and Sadie has only lost TWO teeth! Whoops! Chloe sure looks cute with those two front teeth missing!
Post a Comment
<< Home