Passing on the tradition....


Valentine's Day was fun for me this year.....recreating a tradition from my childhood for my children. My mom did this every year for us.....I think she did it until I graduated from high school and she may have continued it for my sis and bro after I left home.
I made them 3 little boxes of goodies.....a few candies and a few dollars with the final box having $5 in it! Then, I had Troy hide them in 3 different places in the house and I made up little rhymes for clues. Kind of the, I am a poet and didn't know it! The little poems will never be worthy of publication, but they were simple enough that Ian could read them and send them on the next search! They had a BLAST......and being the cheapo momma that I am, I gave them each $10 total.....their spending money for Legoland this weekend! Hey, kill two birds with one stone!
Labels: traditions

1 Comments:
but the important thing is....did you write goofy little poems for dad?
I'm sure that he is enjoying his Valentine cards!
Post a Comment
<< Home