Foodie Family

We have been to the Culinary Institute of America for our big adventure, lived at a NY inn, and are now settling back into Oregon where we can love on family!

Sunday, December 31, 2006

Happy New Year's Eve!

We were able to go to church this morning....finally...since we are all well and Troy didn't work until this evening. What a blessing!

Our pastor finished up the book of 1 Thessalonians, so we were in the end of chapter 5.

~Rejoice always...("Happiness depends on what happens. Joy does not!" - Oswald Chambers)

~Pray without ceasing - constant communication

~IN (not "for") everything give thanks....

Just all good reminders for the new year....just happened to fit in what we were already studying....

However, I was most blessed by our worship leader's very brief exhortation from Phil 3:13 about forgetting what is behind....(praising the Lord that it is under the blood of Jesus and that God is not focused on remembering our failures)....and pressing on to what is ahead.

Happy New Year! I will be alone tonight after I get my kiddos in bed, and I plan to spend some time looking back over the last year...I'm sure that some confession will be in order....but also looking ahead to the New Year and thanking God for what lies ahead b/c it will all be sifted through His hand and it will be for my good, my hope, and my future.

Even so, come Lord Jesus!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home