Foodie Family

We have been to the Culinary Institute of America for our big adventure, lived at a NY inn, and are now settling back into Oregon where we can love on family!

Thursday, November 09, 2006

Time to update the blog

I wish that I had lots of exciting news for all of you, but alas, I don't.

Life is just moving right along for the time being. We are getting settled into new routines of school, making new friends in the neighborhood and at church, and trying a few new activities.

We are putting the local library to good use, and yesterday it was so fun to listen to Ian read Chloe's library book to her. They have already figured out how to use the self checkout at the library and are having me put books on hold for them. I hope that they never outgrow wanting to be surrounded by books!

Ian and I are taking a karate class and really enjoying it. Last night, Chloe went with us because no one was home to watch her, and our teacher let her participate. I have to give her credit...she stuck out the whole hour...even when I told her she could go sit down and color. Her form definitely needed some work, but she sure did sleep good last night after an hour of class! Ian has taken to karate immediately...he never has to be told that he has his feet backwards or is punching wrong. I am really proud of him, and it is fun to have something that we are doing together.

Unfortunately, our bible study class wrapped up this week until January. They will be having a big potluck next week to finish up, but PRAISE THE LORD, we will be at the airport picking up Troy!!! Only 4 days now!

I get to start a wool rug hooking class next week. It will be 12-15 hours of instruction over the course of 3 classes. I am really looking forward to it.

So, some new activities and some regular routines. No matter where you make your home, life goes on....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home